The SwissTech Hotel participates in Switzerland Tourism’s sustainability program Swisstainable and meets the criteria for Level II - Engaged.
The SwissTech Convention Center was designed for low, optimal energy consumption and is Minergie certified:
- The hotel is powered by 100% renewable energy
- We have no air conditioning or heating, it is equipped with an system that uses lake water to regulate the temperature
- All bedside lamps are equipped with LED bulbs
- Water fountain connected directly to our water supply
In addition :
- we only work with local suppliers who have a responsible environmental policy in place
- Local breakfast provided by the bakery Boulangerie Clément right by the hotel
We minimize and sort waste :
- Amenities, flyer and disposable literature are provided only on request
- Coffee bean machine with paper cups
- Waste sorting is done by clients and staff
- All printing is done by the EPFL printing center which only uses recycled paper
- Use of digital versions of as many documents as possible e.g. reservation confirmations or transport cards
Join us in our commitment to sustainability and climate protection
Climate-neutral stay with myclimate «Cause We Care»
Using resources sparingly to protect the environment is important to us. You can help us with this: As part of the myclimate «Cause We Care» initiative, we are giving you the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution with us for climate protection and sustainability.
With a contribution of CHF 1 per overnight stay, you can support our sustainability measures and offset the CO2 emissions of all your overnight stays. As a thank you, we promise to double the contribution. A part of the sum will be used to support a solar energy development project in Tanzania from the myclimate foundation. With that your stay will be climate-neutral. The remaining amount will be invested into local or organisational sustainability measures.
Click here for more information
The SwissTech Hotel is a member of the OK:GO initiative of the Swiss Barrier Free Association.
The aim of the initiative is that every tourism company should make accessibility information available to customers in order to facilitate travel planning for people with disabilities and seniors.